Sunday, January 27, 2008

Beloved


I am sure all of you will be putting up your own posts, however, I just want to put in my note.

We found out this evening that Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley passed away at his home. It is a sad message to hear, however, I feel in my heart that he was ready. I have felt so blessed to have been alive while he was the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I feel blessed to have the gospel and such wonderful priesthood holders to lead and guide us under the direction of our Savior. I loved listening to him speak. He could always put a smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart! I am happy for him that he is with his sweetheart, and that they will be together for eternity. I am also happy that we will see him again. I know I will be able to hear him speak again someday. I know he was called of our Heavenly Father and I also know that our new prophet will be equally called. I am grateful for my Savior and his atonement. I am thankful to Him that we have been so blessed by Pres. Hinckley and the work that he did for this church and for the gospel.

3 comments:

aubreyannie said...

thank you for sharing your testimony, emily. it is a sad loss but it seemed it was his time. 97..wow. he did amazing things in his lifetime!

nAnnie Laurie said...

your words show a wonderful, sweet testimony, sweetie - I love you

Esther Ogden said...

Very sweet and tender, Emily.