Sunday, January 22, 2012

Today

I am not very good at expressing in words what is in my heart, but I will try.
This morning we have been watching videos and clips that the church has published. I am again at awe and overwhelmed with gratitude for what the early saints went through. Their faith is inspiring! They worked hard, they had great faith and they sacrificed much. I am so grateful for them, and grateful for the gospel that I have been blessed to have my whole life. Watching these makes me realize the great responsibility I have to share what I know with others and to teach my girls the truth, and how to recognize the truth through the spirit so that they can also know! I know that this gospel is the truth, I know that there is a prophet on the earth, in Thomas S Monson, who talks to God, and who leads us in faith to become closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the atonement of the Savior, that allows us to repent and become better. And by which we will be able to be resurrected and return to our Heavenly Father! I am so very grateful today and wanted to share.

3 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Baby, that was a beautiful and heart-felt testimony and it was expressed wonderfully <3 I love you and I'm so grateful that you have this testimony <3 I do, too <3

The Dunhams said...

Well said girl! I need to have you borrow the movie "17 Miracles." It is about the handcart company that traveled across the country in the winter and the many miracles that happened to them. It is definitely inspirational and makes you appreciate just how much the early saints did for us.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Emily you are an inspiration. I love you.