Sunday, October 22, 2006

Primary Program!

Today was our wards primary sacrament meeting program. Miriam worked on her part all week and had almost memorized it. She just needed a little prompting. I had a dream one night about her part. It was her turn, and she was getting up to say her part and stopped...turned around to look at me, got a sad scared look on her face and made me come up there with her. So I did and she wouldn't repeat anything except the very end. Well I was sure it was going to come true. Those of you who know Miriam, know that she is a major ham, at home or with family...but put her on the spot...FORGET IT!!! So today when it was her turn she got up looked at me before starting her part, and did it with help from her teacher! She did GREAT! She didn't get scared, she said it and smiled and sat down.
During the songs, she sang, conducted the music and did some of her own hand movements to each song. I thought it was very cute..Daddy, however, thought HIS little girl should behave better. At one point during a song, I noticed her stop and hang her head and I knew it was probably becuase Dad told her to just sing, not make a comotion! LOL Sure enough I was right. But she kept doing it after that and it was cute and I loved it! Daddy thought she did very well also.
When we got home, Miriam had memorized her part and can now say it all by herself with proper pronunciation and everything. She wants to do it again next week so that she can do it herself! :) Oh well, next year! (we have video of her saying it and when I can figure out how to put it on her, I will)
It is wonderful to be a part of the Primary presidency and be able to plan and teach and have it all come together in the end. The children did great, and the songs were loud and good, and I really am pleased with them all!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I would love to hear Miriam's part. What did Elaine think? Are you going to sing in Sacrament now?? Oh, and use Carlos' myspace to put the video onto your blogger. :) Talk to you soon!