Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sorry people!

Ok so there are so many things that I want to blog about that I just haven't done any of them. I know that sounds lame but if I started then I would want to spend hours on the computer and I just don't feel like doing that! So briefly:

Sarah, Evoly and Nana (mom) all left last week and it has been a little weird without them, keep expecting them to 'come back' from where ever they went ;) I also have to admit, however, that it has been nice being just my family. It wasn't too crowded with people here, but we all know it is just different living when you have company. Sarah was here so long, I don't know that I consider her company anymore, she is part of our family as well, but she had to move on, especially with the new baby! We miss them!

Miriam is doing well in school. She loves it and the teacher really likes her! I will start helping out in the class next week. And in Oct we will go to the pumpkin patch as a field trip. She is always happy to go to school but for some reason she gets really testy and whiny when she gets home. I struggle with that but am trying to be considerate and thoughtful because I think it stems from having so many rules, and other girls not being so nice to her at school. She just wants to be in a place where she makes the rules, and doesn't get in trouble no matter what she does or says...unfortunately that isn't here ;).

Elaine misses Miriam but is getting used to having some alone time with Mom and Dad (when he is working from home). She attacks Miriam when she gets off the bus and then they spend the rest of the afternoon eating and arguing about things. They are sisters!

I had my sugar test today and I know some might think I am weird, but I love the taste of the drink they give you! It tastes like a very sugary orange soda. Or maybe some pixie sticks in sprite! LOL Anyway, I just guzzle it and then I regret it cause it sits like a rock in my stomach! But anyway. I also had another ultrasound to look at the placenta to make sure it was back in the correct spot, I guess it was threatening to block the cervix! It is fine, and I had them confirm for me the gender of the baby and....it is still a girl!:) Now that I have that confirmation, I will go ahead with some purchases that I need! Sorry I don't have the pics up of the ultrasound, I don't have a scanner, I need to take pics of them and put them up but again, just another thing I forget about! :)

Alright, well I will let Carlos update people on his life in his own blog. He is doing well, getting in full swing with the political season coming up! He enjoys that.

Ok well until the next time!

3 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

Stone does the same thing when he gets home from school. It's super fun. I made him go to bed one day, and he did! Fell right asleep.

aubrey said...

oh good, i just figured you were inundated with back to school stuff! thanks for the update. and i think it's disgusting that you like the taste of that glucose stuff. gag. have a great day!!

Heather said...

Olivia and Anika are the same way! There are days when I don't dare talk to Olivia she is so crabby. And then she eats a big snack and she's better!