Monday, October 22, 2007

Lainey's turn

Well It was Lainey's turn to get some dental fillings and they did it under general anesthesia. We got up early Friday morning and our friend, Tiffany Freeman came over at 5:50am to help get Miriam off to the bus because we had to leave at 6am to get Elaine to the hospital. Such a blessing to have friends willing to get up that early and come get your daughter off to school!

We drove to the hospital and Elaine was in good spirits, but getting very hungry!
We waited for about an hour and they called us back to her room where they took her vitals, talked to us about if she had eaten, and gave her new red socks and a koala just like Miriam's! She liked that!


Then some people came in to talk to us, after which the nurses came in and swooped her out with a quick goodbye and we waited... She didn't cry or whine, we had talked to her about what would happen and the ladies were so nice, she was fine!
Then about 30 maybe 40 min later, the dentist came out, she had 6 fillings (two more than expected) and a bravery award for not crying at all! We waited another 15 min and they called us back because she had woken up from anesthesia. This is the part I was nervous about because I fully expected her to scream for me or daddy when she woke up realizing she was not with us or at home, but when they came around the corner with her laying in the bed, she was quiet. Just staring off into la la land! No talking, not much moving just wide eyes! She didn't want to sleep, although she was really tired, she just layed there! ;)

So the nurse asked if I wanted to lay with her and as soon as I layed down she snuggled up and fell asleep! Typical Lainey. ;) She woke up a few times and after she had been awake for an hour they took out her IV and we were free to go!

She did such a good job! It was a good experience and she didn't get sick or complain of pain. As much as I wish we didn't have to pay for a outpatient hospital proceedure, I am glad we didn't have to hold her down for fillings in a dental office!

7 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow! What an experience!!

nAnnie Laurie said...

my goodness! well, good job Lainey! way to go! Nana says "you're so brave :)"

Unknown said...

I can't believe that I didn't know that was happening. I've been in my own world.. I'm sorry. Thanks for taking Logan this weekend.

aubreyannie said...

oh, she looks so little! what a brave little girl.

Lynnette said...

That was nice of them to give the socks and toy, and she looks so tiny on that big bed!

A monkey and her momma said...

Oooooh what a brave buggie!! I miss my girls! Tell them I love them!

Reluctant Nomad said...

I miss her. She is one of a kind.