Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dogs...

Ok I know there are a LOT of people who love dogs. I am not one of them. I never had one growing up, I had a lot of friends with them and I didn't mind them as long as they didn't chew on my stuff or try to lick my face! I don't mind dogs, in fact there have been many that I love! However, the exception to loving a dog stops when it comes to a pitbull! When we moved in to our new house, our next door neighbor had 3 dogs, 2 of which were pitbulls. They were ok except that anytime they saw you they would bark, they would bark and night and even fight! The sound of two pitbulls fighting is the most awful sound I think I have ever heard!! I was afraid of them, they were in a 'cage', however that didn't stop me from worrying every time I took the girls out that MAYBE they would be loose! About a month and a half ago those neighbors moved! I was counting my blessings, and felt better about letting the girls play outside... That is until two days ago when I noticed that the house on the corner of my cul-de-sac built a small chain link 'cage' in their unfenced back yard and in it they put two pitbulls!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!!!! What is it with people and dangerous dogs. Why do you want a dog that can kill you and kill other people??
Yesterday when I went to get Carlos from the bus, I noticed the middle school aged son of the neighbors, standing in front of the dogs with the door open just watching them, probably feeding them...I have not noticed if they are chained as well, but hoped they were because they could have run away easily and there would have been nothing for him to do about it! Anyway, maybe I am just afraid...or maybe there is some legitimacy to my frustration! I mean what kind of dog do you usually hear attacking little children!?!?! Scary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shall I mention that I, your dear older sister, have a pit bull? And she is the most awesome dog ever! Trust me, any dog can be deadly...I've even read about a pomeranian killing a baby! Also, keep in mind that a lot of different breeds are called pit bulls (especially in the media) and sometimes they don't look anything like a pit bull! Heck, I'm not even sure my own dog is a pit bull...American Pit Bull Terrier. She could be any mix of that, boxer, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier...the list goes on. APBTs are game-bred, but not to be human agressive...in fact, they weren't bred to be dog aggressive either...that's something that irresponsible jerks have done to their image. APBTs are wonderful, sweet and great with kids...like any dog, you get what you train.

Emily Marie said...

Well that is good to know, hopefully my neighbors aren't those jerks who bread bad dogs! I think they are still scary no matter how nice they are! I guess until you get to know them!