Friday, November 24, 2006

Grandmommy

These last few months the whole family has been talking about ways to have Grandmommy in a safe place that is close to her children and it has been kind frustrating getting her to understand and agree. However, recently an opportunity presented itself, with great prospects, in Santa Barbara, CA with Uncle Bob and Aunt Suzan. It may or may not happen. I think it would be a great move, and maybe that is what sparked these thoughts. I started thinking about the fact that she has been there with my family for my whole life or at least as far as I can remember. Even after I left for college or got married, I knew that whenever I came home, she would be there. When I would leave I would cry because I couldn't be with her for a while. And not until now did I realize that if she moved, she wouldn't be there when I went 'home'. And that thought made me sad, I have gotten so used to her being there that if she wasn't, I don't know how I would feel about that. However, I also want her to be safe and happy and this move sounds like it would be a great thing. I hope it works out, even if it means I wouldn't see my Grandmommy as often. We can still talk on the phone!! I love you so very much GG!!

No comments: