Thursday, November 02, 2006

It finally happened!

Elaine is very silly and wacky and loves to jump and run and yell. She has fallen and bumped her head more times than I can count! But she has never really 'hurt' herself. I knew someday it would catch up with her! Yesterday she was jumping on the couch and fell off on to her side. When she started crying, we hugged her and treated the bump on her head. We didn't think about anything else, until last night when Carlos picked her up out of the car and she said OW, and cried a little. Then it hit me...what if she broken her arm!?!?! So Daddy gave her a blessing, we gave her some tylenol and put her to bed. This morning it was swollen on the left side more than the right so I took her to the Dr. and....she broke her collar bone! I guess they don't do much for that sort of thing just try to keep it imobilized. So for the next week or so we are going to TRY to take it easy. Of course it does hurt her pretty bad, so I don't see her having a problem with that for now. Poor baby!!
I was pretty scared last night but after the blessing and I saw that she was ok sleeping, I felt better. When the PA told me what it was, I was just a confirmation of what I had thought. And I was glad she didn't need any surgery! Unfortunatly I know this won't really stop her from being rowdy in the future! I don't think she really understands what is wrong, even though she will say "I broke my collar bone!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she is just like her father was...always junping, climbing or running somewhere. At least you found out the next day what she broke...it took me 2 weeks when Carlos broke his arm!! Then 6 months later he was in the hospital overnight for possible concusion (sp?) when he fell of the bookshelves! That came with lots of questions since they thought I was abusing him or something! What a nightmare!! Yes, get used to it...it runs in the family on HIS side!! LOL
I hope she is feeling better.
Oh, yes, I loved the cakes by the way! You are so clever...and talented!!

Anonymous said...

well, unfortunately for you, Em, jumping and falling runs on BOTH sides of the family - remember Sarah! And the docs there were looking really closely at me, too, for child abuse, cause in four weeks time, Sarah had broken her arm and had TWO black eyes!
Great cake! Yummy eyeballs (even if they are peanut butter!) and the girls look fabulous in their little halloween outfits (wonder who bought them??)

Emily Marie said...

Well both costumes were given to me as hand-me-downs, the girls wanted to be other things but I told them, 'not this year, you have to wear these because they are here and fit you! You can pick next year' LOL

Emily Marie said...

OH but the cutie outfits were from NANA! :)