Saturday, December 16, 2006

Philippines

We had a great time in the Philippines. The people are very nice and the islands are beautiful! Manila is a city with all that comes with it. So it is a little dirty but has fun history and lots to do. Besides the temple, which is the reason we went, going to the volcano was the best part of our trip. We just did some fun stuff. We rode on little Filipino horses up a trail to the top of the volcano and down as well. My backside was a little sore from the trot up and down. We rode a boat to and from the volcano island. It was great! We forgot the sunscreen so I got burned a little. But it was just breathtaking and I was again reminded of Heavenly Father's love in His beautiful creations!
The drivers there are the scariest I have EVER been with. They follow NONE of the traffic laws! Except stopping for an officer. They drive so close together you could touch your neighbor and they swerve in and out and don't stop for anything. Even if you are in the road, they just honk to let you know they are coming and it is up to you to get out of their way!!
I am certain there is more to tell you and I will try to write more later, and put up the pictures we managed to get off the camera before it was stolen/lost! Thanks for reading and I hope this keeps you interested! :)

No comments: