Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bravest Miriam!!

A few months ago, Miriam and I were watching the Today Show and some ladies on there cut thier hair and donated it to Locks Of Love. Well we kind of talked about it since then. Then lately we have been talking about cutting Miriam's hair and asked her if she would like to donate it. Well she has been very nervous and I have to admit that while I was pursuading her to do it, i was quite nervous as well. We decided today to just DO IT! We did! I cried... she loves it and looks so cute, and said she can't wait until her friends get to see her new look! What a cutie!! Good job Miriam, we are so proud of you, you are so brave and loving and your hair will go to someone who really needs it!



Here is a picture where you can see how long her hair was, it was so beautiful!!
Next is a picture of her afterwards. We will be going to the salon today to get it all straightened out and looking fabulous!! We also have a video that we will put on our blogs later!

7 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

I love it. What a great example she is to the rest of us. And I love the new doo...I think you should leave it in an a-line when you go to the salon.

Olivia Heilmann said...

Way to go Mimi!! You look fabulous! Definitely leave the a-line. Too cute.

nAnnie Laurie said...

OH MY!! I'm giggling inside and outloud and I am so excited and Mimi is so brave and caring and Mommy is brave too! AND THAT HAIRCUT LOOKS SO DANG CUTE and yes I agree - let it be styled just like that ! oh my - Miriam's eyes are so a-glow -- well I always knew I had perfect kids - now I know that my grandkids are perfect, too -- No pressure - just a giggly nana speaking ! I love you !! :) :)

momchacon said...

Miss Miriam you look terrific!! I'm proud of your for donating your hair to someone who needs it. That took a lot of courage because I know it was scary to get your hair cut so short. I can't wait to see more pictures of my Punkers!! I love you

nAnnie Laurie said...

well, I just watched the video and I'd say that my Emmy was the brave one :) locks of love - that is truly what it is :) truly joyful

Mina said...

Oh my Mimi! You are so beautiful and sweet! Someone special is going to be blessed by your gift, and you look fabulous. I can't wait to see you in August!

aubrey said...

oh my goodness! how CUTE!!...this is so wierd because my neice just cut her hair and donated it to locks of love. i think she did it two weeks ago. maybe they watched the same oprah. but anyway, she looks so cute and that pic of her holding up her hair is so cool!