Monday, March 19, 2007

"Lady Elaine" Martha Elaine Desrosiers

In May of 2003 Carlos, Miriam and I took a trip out to California to visit his best friend and also to visit Elaine Desrosiers. We had a great time getting to know her and kept in touch pretty well. Since we have moved to our new house, however, we haven't been so good at calling her. I emailed her several times and we talked that way. It was nice to hear from her.

After we had our second daughter, we named her and upon telling Elaine, she said that she was honored to share her name with our daughter and also that George Desrosiers would be happy with both her names. Elaine Margaret.

The last I heard, she was going back in chemo therapy for her cancer and she had good spirits as well, saying that it was not a big deal and she was fine. Well I have been meaning to call her for several months now, and just didn't. This morning I checked my email and mom found through familysearch.org that she passed away in Washington, on Jan 8, 2007. I guess I always thought there would be someone calling us, I guess I don't know who would have known to, so they didn't. I am sad.
I went through my archived videos and found this of her that we took while we were out here. I thought I would share this with all of you, maybe you have seen it but it is fun to listen to anyway. Enjoy! And remember we will all see eachother again someday!

2 comments:

aubrey said...

is she related to you? it sounds like she was a special woman! thanks for sharing!

Emily Marie said...

She was married to my mom's dad so that makes her my step Grandma. I didn't see her but a few times, but we got to know her better after we went out there that year. She was a nice lady!