Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And then there were two

Now I have two holes in my head. All of my wisdom is gone. Not that I had much to begin with but it is finished. It went well. They gave me a relaxing something the night before and morning of and then they numbed me, I felt a LOT of pressure, and they were out. No funny yucky sounds like I thought I would. But now I get to have a liquid diet for the next week...and the girls and Carlos are out getting pizza! *sigh*

Oh and I almost forgot some of the biggest news here at the Chacon household. Miriam has had a loose tooth for months now. When they did the dental work years ago, the roots of her tooth got damaged and they started to disolve just like teeth do when they are ready do come out, only these weren't supposed to get that way for another year or so. It is one of her baby molars.

Anyway, on Sunday I was called out of Relief Society because she was crying. Her cookie and knocked it to a point that it really hurt and it was bleeding and she was pretty freaked out! So I took her into the mother's room, tried to calm her down and tried explaining that we needed to take it out. She was very nervous about it, and wasn't so sure that was a good idea and what if my dentist is mad at me etc. I assured her that the dentist knew it would be coming out and that it was fine, and that it would only hurt for a bit and would bleed a little and then it would be all over... She finally agreed but was very nervous. So trying not to think about the fact that I was pulling her tooth, I reached in and yanked. It came out very quick with just a little bleeding and she was so relieved! Then she was excited to tell everyone about it. Now she is on the hole in smile club at school :). Her two front bottom are loose as well so that will be fun coming up! She is going to have a hole there for about a year before the tooth even begins to come in but... now it doesn't hurt her! :)


3 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

I sure hope the Tooth Fairy is on the ball and leaves an extra bit -- it's highly unusual to lose a molar first and they're BIGGER =) !!

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh Yeah Em! =) I'm really glad that the tooth problems are all over for you for a while, too! phew =)

Heather said...

So exciting for her!