Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What words can express...?

Yesterday I had planned a normal day and had much to do. About 11 in the morning, Sarah came to me saying that her show had been interrupted to announce there had been some shootings on Virginia Tech campus and that one was dead and 17 injured. For the rest of the day I couldn't keep my eyes off the TV or ears off the radio. The numbers of fatalities just kept going up and I just couldn't believe it. From 1 to 22 to 32 in a matter of hours! WOW! This news effected me more than any other news has. I don't know why, I don't know anyone there. Maybe because it is in my state. I don't know, but it just made me so sad, and at times sick to my stomach. I just prayed and thought about these people and how horrible this is. Miriam was getting upset by hearing all of this, she didn't understand. She didn't want to hear anymore about it. I remembered when I was young and the Challenger blew up and how my mom was watching it and she just sat there watching TV and crying. That is how I felt yesterday and today. It is something that I will remember.
I just wanted to write my feelings. I pray that Heavenly Father will bless and comfort the families of those lost and that we can not get angry but learn and pray and seek comfort. I have nothing else to say....

2 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

I'm very sorry that this happened - I am very sorry that it has affected you so deeply - and thinking of, or seeing footage of the Challenger still to this day upsets me - I hope the Lord spares you of little of this sadness. I must also say that until I learned where Virginia Tech was, I was very worried for you and your family. I thanked the Lord it was far away from you. Heavenly Father knows and he will deal with all of the pain. Let him help you, too, by surrendering the pain to Him.

aubrey said...

i thought of you too when i heard that it was in virginia. but i'm glad it wasn't close to your home. thank you for your post and for writing about this horrible thing. it is so important to remember and to pray for those affected. and to cherish each and every day we have with loved ones.