Friday, June 01, 2007

My big/little girl

Miriam is getting so big and smart. Every day she is trying to be more and more like me, which sometimes scares me but other ways, I am very happy! She is always trying to teach Elaine things, but sometimes does it in a very lecturing way. :) She is also very helpful and is always interested in cleaning the bathroom counter, or helping me out around the house. I am not very good at letting her help because I just want to get it done but I will work on that! The most recent responsibility she has taken on is to be my 'nurse'. She said this morning that she is going to make sure that I always take my vitamin. She gave it to me, got me some water, and then stood there telling me it was just like a little pill and to just swallow it, until I did! LOL She is so cute!
Also, yesterday I was feeling really icky all day and so most of the day was me laying down and then watching something on TV. One of those things was Chipmunk Adventure. I went upstairs to talk on the phone and I came back down to the sound of someone crying. I thought for sure that Elaine had hurt Miriam, so I asked what happened. Miriam looked at me with sad eyes and I knew she wasn't hurt and quickly realized that the song about a baby penguin needing her mother had just finished and it is a sad and cute song. She was crying cause she needed her mommy!!! It made me chuckle and smile. I just gave her a big hug!! She certainly is emotional!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!! How sweet. What a love bug!!

nAnnie Laurie said...

ooohhh - I sure love you all :)

Unknown said...

Time flies so fast! I remember when she was born! I can't believe it was 5 years ago! As much as we want them to grow, it would be nice if they stayed little for a little longer!

aubrey said...

oh that is so cute! poor little miriam. i remember getting emotional about songs when i was a little girl. but i think it was when i was older, more like 10 or 11.