Thursday, October 30, 2008

Distracted **and an update**

I am sorry, for those of you who like looking at my blog, that I haven't been updating. I have been distracted by many things lately, but mostly re-reading (with Carlos this time) the Twilight books! I thought I would take this opportunity to blog since the two girls at home are still asleep and Carlos took the book to work with him. :)


We have all been doing well. Nothing MAJOR has happened. Miriam loves school and there is a girl that lives a block and a half away, so we have started having her over 2 times a week to play and they love it! They wish they could do it every day, but...she has homework to do and I have decided that friends don't stay past 4. That is when I usually start many of my dinner preparations etc. My wind down time before Daddy gets home! :)


Elaine does her Kiddie Kollege and loves it! She did her math homework in about 1 minute the other day, I was impressed! She is getting so big!!! She loves playing on the computer and outside and with Miriam and her friend.


Laurie is also getting big and gets in to EVERYTHING. She can tear apart the girls room in no time! It is quite funny! She is also still very attached to Mommy. Still won't take a bottle or paci. Even though I was gone for almost 10 hours and Sarah tried to give her a bottle, she wouldn't take it!!! Little stinker! She eats almost everything we do and won't eat baby food. Even when we give her things that are chunks (which she likes), she wants to eat what we are eating and she knows it isn't the same!! hehehe


Carlos is really enjoying the Young Men program and is always busy thinking about them and their activities! He is a good leader to them, I think. He is also busy with work and we are grateful that he does it for us!



**Oct 30-Well I wrote this a while ago and not much has changed. :) We finished all the Twilight books and I liked them even for the second time! I did have my first cake order for someone outside of the family. Carlos had me make some cakes for work and someone ordered one. Of course it isn't my first paid cake ever because I made one for Rose-Marie! :) (I made it in Sept)

Laurie is now standing on her own for several seconds and walking across furniture.

Ok well here is a pic of my cake and maybe some others. I will put up the Halloween pics after tomorrow sometime! :)
Megan (if you don't know, Megan has been one of my best friends since 3rd grade!) was in Chantilly, VA for work and I drove up with Laurie and we visited for the night! It was fun! :) Megan was married on the 24th! Congratulations, wish I could have been there!! (yes I am laughing in the pic)
The cake. Not the prettiest but still fun that I got paid!

2 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

I just learned from Megan, in an email from her, that she was married on the 24th - I hadn't known the date, 'cause there was no invite or announcement - I was in the Tri-cities seeing Gg and Mandy and family, anyway, I guess. sniff sniff And she told me that you'd been able to see her in Virignia - it's a great picture of you both! How fun for you! loves to all, mommy

Olivia Heilmann said...

Sounds like things are great and I think your cake is amazing. Having had to decorate 'Cakies' at Mrs. Fields for years and years I know that this process is not easy. Looks great!