Monday, November 19, 2007

Surprise!

For those who don't know, Carlos and I are members of the Richmond Mormon Chorale and right now are practicing and getting ready for Christmas.
Our pianist, Meredith Carmichael is pregnant and due about 10 days before me. We are kind of hoping she has the baby early so she can actually play for us, we don't know what is going to happen but hope that we have someone to play when the concert comes around! :) Well last week we talked about having a little baby shower for her since she is having a boy for the first time. She also has two girls. So we got her gifts and brought food, but what I didn't know (but Carlos did) was that they were also planning on surprising me with a shower as well! It was so nice!!! I wasn't expecting anything since I am having another girl and really don't NEED anything. They had blue and pink plates, two piles of presents, and a cake and lots of other sweets! I made our cranberry pumpkin muffins and they were a big hit as well!! :) It was very nice to get some new things and to feel so much love from our chorale family!! We had a good time, I got red in the face and Miriam and I were excited to open and look at all the cute clothes. I will have to take pictures of them later and post. We forgot our camera. However, I am hoping that Katie Leake will post something since she had her camera! :) Both of us were given blankets that were embroidered 'Chorale Mascot 2007' It was sooo cute among the many other very cute clothes, diapers and wipes!! It was a wonderful surprise and a great night!
Now if we could just figure out how to get Meredith's baby to come....

4 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

WOW! That sounds like so much fun. Wish I was there to celebrate, too. SO...any name ideas?

Anonymous said...

That sounded like fun. I want cranberry pumkin muffins!!

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh how wonderful!! such fun! Chorale mascots -- hehe!

aubreyannie said...

how sweet!! chorale mascots..how cute! i want to see pictures..