Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Be careful what you wish for

I had my Dr appt today and I have been swelling a lot lately and my blood pressure was up. The Dr came in and told me that I would be having the baby a little sooner than I had thought. I thought this meant that I was ready for labor or he has some magical knowledge as to when I was going to go into labor but....what he said was, 'you won't need to stay or come in tonight but definitely tomorrow morning. You are full term and the fact that your BP is rising and you are swelling makes me think it would be a good time to go ahead and have the baby so you can get better. I will make a phone call to schedule. Don't eat after midnight and come in at 6 to the birthing center. See you tomorrow'....
I was in a bit of shock because he really didn't give me a choice, I hadn't talked to Carlos, and I just didn't expect that.... Then I got nervous. I had forgotten my cell phone today so I couldn't talk to Carlos until I got home. He wasn't there when I got home cause he decided to have a lunch date with Elaine ;) but we talked and have a lot of planning to do. Lots of cleaning to do today, planning, calling, trying to get someone to watch Elaine tomorrow and get Miriam on and off the bus! Then my next thought was 'I wish I had just one more day with just Elaine to make it special' and that made me sad. :( But I am sure we will all be excited, and even after I bring the baby home we can have times that are just the two of us! So... Anyway, I am going in to the hospital tomorrow and will be coming home on Friday... I will post more later!
p.s. both girls are really excited about me having the baby now!
**Oh and Sarah may I borrow your car seat for the ride home? We don't have another one yet ;) LANKS!!

7 comments:

Olivia Heilmann said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I am sure Elaine will be fine! I AM SO EXCITED! I wish I could be there for you. I would totally help. Darn those Northern states that keep us apart!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Try to relax and stay off your feet! We will be checking for pictures!

A monkey and her momma said...

No problem!! Just make sure you have one by the time I get home. ;)YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!... Do you have a name yet? :D

aubreyannie said...

oh my goodness!! that is so fast! good luck with getting things together tonight and good luck tomorrow morning!!

nAnnie Laurie said...

So little Laurie is being born :) I know of 4 'sisters' having their babies on Dec 19th - One is already born, in Singapore - the Gordhamers, a girl. She had hers on Dec. 1st. Then YOU (YEAH!!) Another will have hers, a girl, induced on the 7th - the Updegrafs, then the last one, the Kenningtons, a girl, who knows when. Congratulations to all you wonderful mommies :) We're still coming on the 11th. Can Carlos pick us up?

Unknown said...

I highly recommend getting a five point car seat (target has one for $50) it's AMAZING how much better the babies stay upright, trust me, mine were small! :)

I'M SO EXCITED! :)

Lynnette said...

YAY!!! How exciting!!And if I may echo the other comments, what are you naming this little lady?