Saturday, January 06, 2007

All things happen for a reason

Well today's events all started with yesterday. (Well actually about 3 months ago, but I will get to that later.) I went shopping for a few things, including the girl's milk. So this morning Carlos went to his Republican meeting and I gave the girls cereal for breakfast. Miriam said hers was gross and she didn't want to eat it. Well I said, no it isn't! but then let her have yogurt instead. I thought I would finish it like I always do and there would be no problem. Well I took my first bite and almost puked!! It was sour in a way I have never tasted sour milk! So I smelled the milk bottle, then looked at the expiration date....Dec 27! How did no one notice that and then how did I buy it without looking?? I always look!!
Soooo I got ready for the day, got the girls dressed and went to the store to exchange. On my way home I was traveling down the road and passed the freeway exits and noticed that the person exiting the freeway was going a bit fast...and not stopping at the stop sign in front of her. I swerved out of the way hoping that she wouldn't hit me....but she did! I slowed to a stop, was a little shaken up, answered Miriam's questions to what happened and called the police. Miriam got kind of upset cause she didn't know what was going to happen. I was actually really calm, maybe because I knew it wasn't my fault and it would be ok. Plus no one was hurt! They lady came up to me and said she was from out of town and was looking at a map, not the road, and that is why she didn't stop! She was glad no one was hurt and felt very bad about the whole thing. It all went really smoothly.
Well Carlos I knew would be coming home soon and knew he had to drive past us becasue it just so happened that we were right by the freeway exit. I called him just to make sure he knew what happened. He didn't answer. But about 15 min later, I turned around and there he was! He had seen us and stopped!
We got paper work done, unloaded the van into our other car and once we had the can on the tow truck and the police ok, we left!
Now here is more of the 'things happening for a reason'. Most of you know we have the Miata, and that it only fits two people. Well about 3 months ago a man at Carlos' work came to him with the info that he had a car at the shop that he didn't want anymore, it needed to be fixed, but he would give it to us! So we took it, towed it to our house and it sat there for a while. Carlos' dad came in Nov, they fixed it and now it works. Well he happened to be driving that car today, which he doesn't normally do. So we were able to just load up and go with no problems.
Now, after we got the Mitsubishi working, I wanted to sell the Miata since we didn't need three cars and I actually told Carlos this earlier in the week. However, now that my van is at the tow place until Mon, and then will be getting fixed, we have two cars that both work and we don't' have to rent one! If we had sold the Miata we wouldn't be this fortunate! We have seen more blessings come from other people and more things happen that we didn't know was important at the time. Now we are seeing the results of some of these things and we feel incredibly blessed.
It was a long morning to say the least, Had I not bought expired milk, and not went out to exchange it, none of this would have happened. I am not blaming myself, I just think it is interesting, how things all happen for a reason. Had we not had this minor accident and needed the cars, I might have sold one and we would be in a harder situation. Maybe that sounds silly...I just feel blessed especially after an unpleasant experience. Who knows how this will end, however, I have a feeling it will be alright.

2 comments:

Mina said...

You have an incredibly blessed family. I do always enjoy hearing how you guys come through adversity so well, and how the Lord continually blesses you...it gives me courage.

aubrey said...

i am so glad you all got out of the accident safely! how scary! i completely understand what you're saying. everything does happen for a reason and Heavenly Father knows what is going on, even if we don't always. and don't be confused as to why your family is blessed in ways you don't recognize because it is because of your righteousness. you are a wonderful example to me, emily!