Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I don't think I have made a new years resolution for real before. I am constantly realizing the things I need to do better and trying to change them when I notice them, not just at the beginning of the year. This year is really no different, however, today I am feeling the blessing it is to 'start new' and to try once again to resolve within myself to live a more Christlike life.
I taught sharing time in Primary yesterday and the topic was 'I promise to follow Jesus Christ in faith'. I taught what Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said, "To follow Christ is to become more like Him". The children had some good ways that we can be more like our Savior. One of which was to forgive, something I think we all need to do more of. It was very nice to hear how much faith they have. So this year, I am going to make sure that I keep that phrase in my heart and always strive to follow Jesus Christ in faith!

3 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Thanks for your mini testimony and your desire to try to do what is right and become more like Jesus - You are my example.

aubrey said...

emily, you are such a wonderful example! thank you for pointing out the most important new years resolution we all should make.

welcome back to the states!

Unknown said...

Amen