Saturday, June 07, 2008

6 Months!

Laurie was 6 months old on Thursday! She is growing so fast! She can sit up by herself for about 1 min. She doesn't have complete control yet and will fall over after about that. We went to the Dr today and she is 16lbs, 26 in. Before you say 'Wow she is a big 6 mo old' All my girls were about this size and weight at this point so to me, this is normal! She fits in 6-9 mo stuff, some 3-6 still. She still doesn't care to eat cereal and sort of likes sweet potatoes although not mixed together and she will really only take a few bites before she is done! Not sure what to do about her, I am about to just hand her a crust of pizza and let her eat it!
We are painting our kitchen finally after 2 years of saying we wanted to. We did the primer, then a layer of flat yellow we had left over from something else, and then the final color. First coat is done...and it looks TERRIBLE!! Well the color is fine and good, it is called Citrus, a Behr color. I like it, but the paint like drooped and clumped and we don't know why. It just didn't go on well. We are waiting to do the second coat for a while and we might have to take a light sand paper and get the chunks off. I am so upset, I don't know what to do!! It is like it didn't adhere and the 'skin is hangin' off it's bones!' (what movie is that from? ;)) Anyway I have taken pictures of the process but don't have the camera right now and so I will put them up later! I'm going to bed!! Maybe I will feel better about it tomorrow!

4 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

1st - weird - two comments windows come up - one pop-up and one it's own regular!!

2nd - I'm so sorry to hear that the painting is not going well! Is it the 'new' paint? is it really new or someone elses cast-off! It sound so weird that it droops like that - Maybe it's becuase you mixed types of paint? I don't know - I don't paint :( I'm so sad for you!

Unknown said...

Yeah, that's terrible... are you sure that the first primer coat or the first yellow wasn't oil based? Also, was it too humid in the house? Either one of those things could cause that problem. I hope that you are able to fix it and love your kitchen!!!

A monkey and her momma said...

Egger...MIB!!

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot....Sarah got to it before I did...that's what I was going to say.
:0