Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First time

Well yesterday was Miriam's birthday and for the first time we let her have friends over for a 'party'. I wasn't calling it a party because I didn't have activities planned. I just let her have them over to play. She was allowed to have 3 friends from school (Jakayla, Madison, Lexy) and her two church girls as well (Sydney, Marissa). I went to the school to pick them up and they were sooo excited! They piled into the van and we drove off. They played a little and weren't interested in the snacks. Then after a while we decorated cupcakes with frosting (home made!) and candy! The rest of the time was playing and opening presents. They seemed to have a good time and there were no real upsets or anything! Even the girls from school and church got along well. It was nice, noisy, and I am thinking that next time, I will plan activities for them to do instead of just having them play random things. I thought it would be fine but I think they got a bit bored at times. Miss Erin Krueger (teacher) came, Sarah, and also Nikki (Marissa's mom) so that was nice to have company. We had a birthday/anniversary dinner after of Miriam's request. Chicken Cordon Blue, steamed broccoli, and mashed potatoes! Sarah and Erin joined us and it was nice!


So.... I forgot to take a group picture but I got a few and I will try to identify everyone. with one of her friends for some reason I kept getting the back of her head. I will name those you might not know. I also didn't get a picture with Sydney, she could only stay a little while and I forgot! :( The theme of her birthday was tinkerbell so almost everything I got her was that. shirt, coloring book, jammies, watch (from grandma), puzzle. the NOT tinkerbell stuff was sand bracelet kit (sarah), outdoor play stuff (lexy), candy holder and eraser (madison), gift card (jakayla), polly pocket (marissa), lil bratz (sydney) (we still need to talk about this one!hmmm), headbands (elaine), socks and hair barrettes, 1st grade workbook, and new shoes! I think that covers it! OH and cards from Grandma ($)and George and Lynnette ($) She was very happy.... this is the best picture I have of Jakayla.(on the right)




starting on the left. Lexy, Jakayla, Marissa, Nikki standing up
middle is Madison and Erin (miss krueger)


Yesterday was also a special day because it was my anniversary. 8years!! Every year I plan to write a long wonderful thing about how glad I am to be married to Carlos, and I AM! But I am not good at writing stuff like that down. I try, just not this time in my blog! :) He is always helpful, smart and fun! Even when I don't deserve it, he is always there! Yeah for Carlos! :)

5 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

happy birthday miss mirian!

Reluctant Nomad said...

Uh, yeah, mean to type miriam

Reluctant Nomad said...

I also meant to type meant. WOW.

nAnnie Laurie said...

Hehe Mara is fun! And, Emmers !! You are always worth it - even when....well, ALWAYS!! and don't you forget that =) That is so nice that Ms. Kruger came, too! She seems like a really great teacher and it sounds like she's becoming a friend of the family as well - super! I love you all and HAPPY BIRTHDAY/HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

Olivia Heilmann said...

YUMMY! I wish I was there. Cupcakes sound tasty. I love you!!!